Sunday, July 27, 2014

Strokes and Stuff

Totally Inspired by Aurelien Predal's Color-keys for monster in Paris.. One of my dreams is to be able to work on feature films some day, and I'd love to do character-designs and color-keys. One day :) Fashion, light and strokes. Photo from the eminent thesartorialist.com

  Original


Occasionally I stumble upon a picture which takes my breath away, literally. Here's one :) Experimenting a bit with a rich underpainting. I kinda dig the contrast between rough and grimy rendering with the more delicate subject. I'm having fun and learning at the same time :D

100%working-size


Steps

 Original Photo

And a pretty lady in a bathtub, beckoning some sort of action I feel. Is it Iveta from kindgirls.com? My inspiration-folder is just full of pictures from tumblr with no creditable names.



Original


Yeah...
I've loved Brazilian Jazz (Bossa Nova) as long as I can remember. The first song I learned on the guitar, when I was eleven, was Girl From Ipanema (classic!). A.C Jobim (aka. Tom Jobim) is one of my favorite composers, here's a less know song by him (as far as I know), but still beautiful.



Ivan Lins is another master, here's a song of his I enjoy very much, performed by sting. Word.



No comments: